| 
  • If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

  • Work with all your cloud files (Drive, Dropbox, and Slack and Gmail attachments) and documents (Google Docs, Sheets, and Notion) in one place. Try Dokkio (from the makers of PBworks) for free. Now available on the web, Mac, Windows, and as a Chrome extension!

View
 

Electric Violin Project

Page history last edited by Stephen M. 12 years, 2 months ago

The Hand Made Magnetic Pickup Electric Violin


 

The Pickups

 

The Case

The Body

The Finished Product  

 

The Logo

 

     Inspired by my younger brother's acoustic violin building, I decided to build my own electric violin in Summer 2008.  However, school soon started and the project was put on hold.  I got back into the project in the last part of Winter 2009.  I completed the building of the violin in a period of two weeks.  However, there were some audio issues that, in my naivety, took months to research and literally two minutes to fix. That fix, although demoralizing in its simplicity finished the project and allows me to present here my electric violin build beginning to end.  After fixing the audio problems i felt that it was time to biuld a nice Case and Logo for this project.

 

Cost of this project  (everything else was found or scavenged)

For Violin

42 awg wire $21

Strings $5

AlNiCo Magnet  $5

Tuners $12

Potentiometers $10

Capacitors $0.50

 

For Case

Luan $10

Paint $5

 

Bow $20

 

Total spent on violin project:  $88.50

 

 

Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.